Dating apps can be a double dose of overwhelming—first, working up the courage to finally get back on the horse and find love, and then to be bombarded with countless apps leaves you paralyzed in where to start. Fear not! Below is a one-stop shop of dating apps for you, complete with descriptions of what they are best known for.
DISCLAIMER** I am not affiliated with any of these dating apps in any way. This is simply your friendly neighborhood dating coach giving you a little extra support!
2. Elite Singles: Top dating app for single professionals.
3. eHarmony: Once of the classic dating apps. Once you fill out their form, the algorithm will calculate your matches. They will only send you a few at a time, so if you would like to take it slow and not be bombarded, this is a good choice.
4. Match: One of the original dating apps. Highly recommend using the paid version so you can message potential matches. With all of the free dating apps around, some are skeptical about using a paid service. However, you certainly get what you pay for.
5. Silver Singles: Perfect for dating over 50!
6. Christian Mingle: The largest dating site for Christian singles. You do not need to be of the faith to join the site. The focus is to connect with like-minded, faith-based singles.
7. JDate: The go-to site for Jewish singles. Very user-friendly and offers singles events both online and offline.
8. Bumble: Great for confident women proactive in their love lives. In this dating app, women are the ones in charge of messaging potential matches, and if the guy doesn’t message back within 24 hours, he misses out on the potential dates.
9. Tinder: while it is known to have created the “hookup” culture in today’s dating game, they have had significant success in long-distance relationships and increased rates in marriages.
10. Facebook Dating: While it is still new, they have certainly hit the ground running. The nice thing about this is you already have it at your disposal (assuming you have a facebook profile). Facebook has been following your interests and search patterns (which I know can sound a bit creepy) but in this case, it can work to your advantage in matching you with people of similar interests!
11. Grindr: The most popular dating app for the LGBTQ+ community. Whether you’re looking for something serious, or just to have fun, this is the site for you. It is free, but limited.
12. Coffee Meets Bagel: This is a nice, balanced app for people just getting into online dating. The app will release options each day at noon and give you suggestions for first message icebreakers and in-depth profiles.
13. BlackPeopleMeet: One of the largest singles networks for black and biracial singles. Very user-friendly, and uses tokens to appear higher in search results, encouraging its users to be more proactive in finding their matches.
14. Hinge: This app does its due diligence to make sure you have every detail needed in your profile. Great choice for anyone looking for a serious relationship.
15. Happn: If you’re looking for local or familiarity, this is for you. This app matches people based on nearby location, attempting to help people meet in a more organic matter.
16. The League: Another great option for elite and corporate individuals. This app requires that you provide your job title, college and LinkedIn profile.
There you have it! Are you ready to get online to find your forever lover, but maybe struggle with getting your profile set up? Download my free eDate Toolkit here to get started.